Salt Lake Sites: Parks
Salt Lake has a interesting network of Parks. The Jordan River Parkway runs through the center of the valley. The Dimple Dell area has a equestrian park. Salt Lake itself has several major parks including Liberty Park, Sugarhouse, Pioneer Park and other green spaces. Perhaps the most amazing of all parks is the short walk from downtown Salt Lake into the back country through City Creek.
- Salt Lake Valley Parks (General)
A photographic tour of parks in the Salt Lake Valley.
- Salt Lake County Parks and Recreation (recreation.slco.org)
Information on Salt Lake County Parks. The site includes information on reserving facilities.
- Wheeler Historic Farm (www.wheelerfarm.com) - review
The historic Wheeler Farm teaches about the farming history in the Salt Lake Valley.
- This Is The Place Heritage Park (www.thisistheplace.org) - review
A monument to the settlement of the west. The
- Utah State Fairpark (www.utah-state-fair.com)
Home of the county fair and Utah Arts festival. Check the calendar for schedule of events.
- SLC Public Services (www.slcgov.com)
With Links to Parks, the Sorenson Multicultural Center, Snow Removal
- Antelope Island (www.utah.com)
Antelope Island is the largest island in the Great Salt Lake accessed by a 7.2 mile causeway. The island houses bison, big horn sheep, deer and antelope.
- Dimple Dell Regional Nature Park (www.dimpledellnaturepark.slco.org)
Dimple Dale Park and the Granite Park Trailhead are in Sandy, Utah (10400 South)
- Cottonwood Heights Parks & Recreation (www.cottonwoodheights.com)
The Cottonwood Heights Park and Recreation Center is a County Parks facility located at 7500 South 2700 East.
- Utah Freedom Memorial (utahfreedommemorial.org) - review
The Utah Freedom Memorial site has information on a veteran memorial being build in Sandy City.
- Parks and Recreation - Salt Lake County (slco.org)
Site has information on parks administered by Salt Lake County.
Category Hits 31860