Salt Lake Sites: Child Welfare
Sites for organizations concerned with the welfare and well being of children
- Children's Justice Center (www.cjcslc.org)
(2003 Best of State). The CJC provides a comfortable, child-friendly atmosphere where children receive coordinated services during the child abuse investigative process.
- Power In You (powerinyou.org) - review
Power in You is a mentoring program established by First Lady Kaye Huntsman.
- Hope & Home (www.hopeandhome.org)
Hope and Homes supports foster care in Colorado.
- South Valley Sanctuary (southvalleysanctuary.com) - review
The South Valley Sanctuary is a domestic violence shelter to support children, women and men who are victims of domestic violence.
- Utah Children (www.utahchildren.org)
Utah Children is a child advocacy organization that speaks out on behalf of the children of Utah and seeks to improve the lives of children whose families are least able to protect and nurture them
- Jewish Family Service (www.jfsutah.org)
Jewish Family Service is a nonprofit social service organization that serves individuals from all denominations.
- One With Courage (onewithcourageutah.org) - review
America is suffering an epidemic of child sexual abuse. One With Courage is seeking to raise awareness of sexual abuse and works with the Children Justice Center to report and stop abuse.
- Utah Boys Ranch (utahboysranch.org)
is founded in the gospel of Jesus Christ. We believe that the pursuit of spiritual & moral values will do more to change behavior than any thing else we can do.
- National Center of Missing And Exploited Children (www.missingkids.com) - review
This national site has a database of missing children reports for Utah and the rest of the nation.
- Camp Kostopulos (www.campk.org) - review
In Emigration Canyon, Camp K is a summer camp where kids and adults with disabilities can engage in outdoor activities.
- Christmas Box House (www.thechristmasboxhouse.org) - review
The Christmas Box House is a facility for abused and neglected children.
- Utah Foster Care Foundation (www.utahfostercare.org) - review
Learn how you can help the most vunerable citizens of Utah with Utah Foster Care.
- Act of Love Adoptions (www.aactofloveadoptions.com)
A Utah based Adoption agency that focuses on domestic baby (infant) adoptions. Last year couples waited 3-4 months before adopting.
- Planned Parenthood - Utah (www.plannedparenthood.org)
Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening families by promoting responsible sexual behavior and by encouraging family planning.
- Children's Service Society of Utah (www.cssutah.org) - review
The Children?s Service Society of Utah is committed to meeting the growth and developmental needs of children.
- Troubled Youth Conference (www.troubledyouthconference.com)
The 2006 Troubled Youth Conference is taking place in Snowbird, Utah.
- Safe Water for Utah Kids (www.superiorwaterandair.com) - review
A program by Superior Water and Air that provides filtered drinking fountains in schools and other locations.
- Defending Our Children's Future (defendingourchildrensfuture.weebly.com)
Kids have social security numbers. This site warns of the problems that result when someone steals the SSN of a child.
- Ronald McDonald House (rmhcslc.com)
The Ronald McDonald House offers a place for families with children needing medical care at area hospitals.
- Heartstrings Adoptions (www.heartstringsadoptions.com)
Our focus is the well being of our birth mothers. We help and guide them to find the right family to welcome a child into their lives.
- Mama Dragons (mamadragons.org)
Mama Dragons actively promote healthy, loving, and supportive environments for mothers of LGBTQIA children.
Category Hits 3824