Salt Lake Sites: Child Welfare
Sites for organizations concerned with the welfare and well being of children
- Power In You (powerinyou.org) - review
Power in You is a mentoring program established by First Lady Kaye Huntsman.
- Hope & Home (www.hopeandhome.org)
Hope and Homes supports foster care in Colorado.
- South Valley Sanctuary (southvalleysanctuary.com) - review
The South Valley Sanctuary is a domestic violence shelter to support children, women and men who are victims of domestic violence.
- Utah Children (www.utahchildren.org)
Utah Children is a child advocacy organization that speaks out on behalf of the children of Utah and seeks to improve the lives of children whose families are least able to protect and nurture them
- Jewish Family Service (www.jfsutah.org)
Jewish Family Service is a nonprofit social service organization that serves individuals from all denominations.
- Utah Boys Ranch (utahboysranch.org)
is founded in the gospel of Jesus Christ. We believe that the pursuit of spiritual & moral values will do more to change behavior than any thing else we can do.
- National Center of Missing And Exploited Children (www.missingkids.com) - review
This national site has a database of missing children reports for Utah and the rest of the nation.
- Camp Kostopulos (www.campk.org) - review
In Emigration Canyon, Camp K is a summer camp where kids and adults with disabilities can engage in outdoor activities.
- Christmas Box House (www.thechristmasboxhouse.org) - review
The Christmas Box House is a facility for abused and neglected children.
- Utah Foster Care Foundation (www.utahfostercare.org) - review
Learn how you can help the most vunerable citizens of Utah with Utah Foster Care.
- Act of Love Adoptions (www.aactofloveadoptions.com)
A Utah based Adoption agency that focuses on domestic baby (infant) adoptions. Last year couples waited 3-4 months before adopting.
- Planned Parenthood - Utah (www.plannedparenthood.org)
a non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening families by promoting responsible sexual behavior and by encouraging family planning.
- Children's Service Society of Utah (www.cssutah.org) - review
The Children?s Service Society of Utah is committed to meeting the growth and developmental needs of children.
- Troubled Youth Conference (www.troubledyouthconference.com)
The 2006 Troubled Youth Conference is taking place in Snowbird, Utah.
- Safe Water for Utah Kids (www.superiorwaterandair.com) - review
A program by Superior Water and Air that provides filtered drinking fountains in schools and other locations.
- Defending Our Children's Future (defendingourchildrensfuture.weebly.com)
Kids have social security numbers. This site warns of the problems that result when someone steals the SSN of a child.
Category Hits 2754