🠈 Larry H. Miller Group 🠊
The Larry H. Miller Group
The Larry H. Miller Group includes a variety of local businesses with interests ranging from automobiles to professional sports. The portfolio of web sites includes:
- The The Utah Jazz is an NBA Basketball Franchise. .
- Fanzz - a store offering team branded clothing, including merchandise for the Jazz, the Salt Lake Real, the Bees and most major NBA, NFL, NCAAA, MLB and NASCAR teams (profile).
- Energy Solutions Arena is the home of the Jazz. This multiuse arena was built in 1991 (taking just under 16 months to complete). The building has a 743,000 square foot base and 7.6 acre pedestrian plaza. The arena can seat 22,000 people. In 2002, the Delta Center housed the figure skating events. (events)
- The Megaplex Theatres at the Gateway, Thanksgiving Point and in Sandy house state of the art theatres and iMax Theatres.
- KJZZ is an independent television station that broadcasts on Channel 14.
- Jordan Commons is a mixed use facility in Sandy featuring office space, restaurants, shopping and a Megaplex Theatre.
- Miller Motorsport Park in Tooele offers karting and motorized racing.
- Prestige Financial provides credit for automobiles.
- The Larry H Miller Auto Group includes 35 auto dealerships in the Western US. These dealerships include Jeeps, Buick, Honda, Hyundai, Dodge, Subaru, Cadillac, Chryslet, Mitsubishi, Lexus, Ford, Pontiac, Toyota, Chevrolet, Kia, VW, GMC and Mercedes Benz. Dealership Specific sites include:
- Osborn Automotive sells WV and Kia from Lakewood, Colorado.
- Boulder Toyota is Boulder.
- Liberty Toyota Scion and Toyota of Colorado Springs are in Colorado Springs.
- Larry H. Miller Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge is located in the Sandy Automall.
- Bountiful Chrysler Jeep sells Chrysler and Jeep in Bountiful, Utah.
- Larry H. Miller Chevrolet is located in Murray.
- Larry Miller Honda is in Murray.
- Stockton to Malone Honda is in Sandy.
- Larry H. Miller Dodge is located in Sandy.
- Larry H. Miller Lexus is in Murray and Lindon.
- Larry H. Miller Super Ford and Ford Truckland are in Salt Lake.
- Mercedes of Lindon is located in Utah Valley.
Larry H. Miller was born on April 26, 1944. His early career included palying fast pitch softball for the Salt Lake and Denver Metro leagues along with stints in construction and selling autoparts. He married Karen Gail Saxon, on March 25, 1965.
In 1970, Mr. Miller moved to Denver to work as the parts manager at two Toyota dealers. Larry H. Miller formed a partnership with his uncle William Reid Horne in 1979 and opened Larry H. Miller Toyota in Murray. Please note the year, Larry H. Miller started selling imported economy cars right before the oil crisis. Great timing!
The Larry H. Miller Group continued to buy autodealerships until it became one of the largest autodealerships in the nation.
On the philanthropy side, Larry H. Miller has contributed to efforts including the Miller Free Enterprise Center at the SLCC Campus in Sandy. (See Events)
Hoovers reports that, in 2003, the Larry H Miller Group had $1.6 billion in sales and 5700 employees. You can find biographical informaton for Larry H. Miller on Wikipedia and Utah History to Go
- Boulder Color - Auto Dealers: Boulder Toyota
- Colorado Springs Color - Auto Dealers: Toyota of Colorado Springs
- Denver Color - Auto Dealers: Osborn Volkswagon and Kia
- Provo Utah - Auto Dealers: Mercedes of Lindon and LHM Lexus of Lindon
- Salt Lake Sites - Cars: Larry H. Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Bountiful
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next