🠈 LDS Meeting House Locater 🠊
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on the Web
The LDS Church claims to have over 30,000 congregations. It is too difficult for me to list every meetinghouse. Fortunately, the LDS Church created a Meeting House locater. This will show a map which you can use to find the local ward house.
The purpose of the Community Color family of sites is to promote local web development. The directories also serve as a community directory. As such, I want to include important social organizations in a town, even if they do not have a local web site.
For large organizations, like the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I've chosen to create a profile page. This design helps the site maintain a local focus while providing access to important community resources.
The two primary internet sites of the LDS Church are www.LDS.org and www.Mormon.org. LDS.org is geared more toward communication within the organization. Mormon.org is geared to providing information about the organization.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has long been a pioneer in the use of communication technologies in spreading the word. Over the years, they have developed cutting edge broadcasting systems such as KBYU, and were among the first organizations to broadcast the biannual general conference through Internet technologies.
The local units of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints are organized into Stakes and Wards. A Stake generally includes multiple wards. In most cases, the Stake has a building and the Wards are groups that meet within the building. In addition to Stake Houses, the LDS Church has constructed temples throughout the world. At the time of this review, there were 13 Temples in Utah. These are in: Bountiful, South Jordan, Draper, Logan, Manti, Monticello, American Fork, Ogden, Provo, St. George, Salt Lake and Vernal.
LDS.org includes an intranet that allows members to access their local ward. At the time of this review, you could access this site through the Stakes and Wards directory.
The LDS.org web sites includes multimedia features like the broadcasts of LDS Conferences and fireside chats. It is one of the most active web sites from Utah and consistently ranks among the top web sites in the world.
I am interested in examining who owns things. The page ldsinc lists businesses owned by the LDS Church. The page FLDS looks at various splinter groups operating in Utah.
- Carbon County Color - Churches: LDS Meeting House Locater
- Cedar City - Churches: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Logan Utah - Spiritual: Utah Ward Directory
- Moab - Spiritual: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Ogden, Utah - Churches: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Park City, Utah - Churches: LDS Meeting House Locater
- Provo Utah - Spiritual: LDS.org
- Provo Utah - Spiritual: Provident Living Home
- Saint George - Spiritual: Church of Jesus Christs of Latter Day Saints
- Vernal, Utah. US - Spiritual: LDS Meeting House Locator
- Wasatch Color - Churches: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next