🠈 The Gateway 🠊
The Gateway Plaza is an open air mall on the West side of Salt Lake. It includes the historic Union Depot. The mall was completed just prior to the 2002 Winter Olympics and was the site of many community events.
The Gateway served for several years as the shopping hub of the city but has been a bit overshadowed by the new City Creek Mall in downtown Salt Lake.
This section shows select corporate events in the history of the mall.
- 1908-09: Union Depot building was constructed.
- 1986: Passenger train service moved to the Rio Grande station.
- 2002: The Gateway was developed by the Boyer Company for $375 million.
- 2013: Hines REIT and Oaktree Capital Management acquired the four apartment complexes of The Gateway.
- 2016: Vestar and Oaktree Capital Management acquired the retail and entertainment center.
- Rebusiness - Vestar Oaktree acquire retail center (Drawn 10/27/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next