<== Deseret Books ==>
Deseret Books is a publishing house and chain of book stores owned by Deseret Management Corporation--a for-profit corporation owned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
According to Wikipedia, the company was created in 1919 with the merging of Deseret News Bookstore and the Deseret Sunday School Union Bookstore. Both stores trace their history into the 1860s and the publisher George Q. Cannon & Sons.
The company publishes and sells LDS media. The selection began with primers and Bibles and has gradually expanding to include Mormon fiction, music and movies.
Acquisitions through the years include Seagull Books, Bookcraft, LDS Living, Excel Entertainment Group and Shadow Mountain Records.
Additional media owned by the LDS Church include KSL, The Deseret News, KBYU, KBYUTV and The Salt Lake Tribune.
- Salt Lake Sites - Bookstores: DeseretBook.com
- Saint George - Shopping: Deseret Books
- Cedar City - Shopping: Deseret Books
- Ogden, Utah - Shopping: Deseret Books
- Provo Utah - Bookstores: Deseret Books
- Denver Color - Bookstores: Deseret Books
- Logan Utah - Shopping: Deseret Books
- Phoenix Color - Bookstores: Deseret Books
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next