🠈 AmericanWest Bank (term) 🠊
Founded in 1974, AmericanWest Bank was a banking chain headquartered in Spokane, Washington. As of December 2011, the bank claimed $2.3 billion in assets with 70 branches located in Washington, Utah, Idaho and California.
Many of the Utah locations came during the 2007 acquisition of Utah based Far West Bank. The acquisition is reported to have involved $30M in cash and $120M in stock.
In 2012, AmericanWest bank acquired PremierWest Bank. In 2015, AmericanWest bank, which had grown to 105 branches, was acquired by Banner Bank.
In July 2017, Banner Bank sold its Utah branches to Peoples Utah Bancorp which owns American Fork Bank.
This is the AmericanWest merger chain as I understand it:
- 1977: AmericanWest was established as Bank of the West of Walla Walla.
- 2001: Moved bank headquarters to Spokane, Wa.
- 2001: Acquired United Security Bank in Spoksnr, Wa.
- 2001: Acquired Home Security Bank in Sunnyside, Wa.
- 2001: Acquired Bank of Pullman in Moscow, Id.
- 2001: Acquired AmericanWest Bank of Ephrata, Wa.
- 2003: Acquired Bank of Latah in Saint Maries, Id.
- 2004: Changed name to AmericanWest Bank
- 2006: Acquired Columbia Trust Bank in Pasco, Wa.
- 2007: Acquired Far West Bank in Provo, Ut.
- 2011: Acquired Sunrise Bank in San Diego, Ca.
- 2011: Acquired Bank of the Northwest in Bellevue, Wa.
- 2011: Acquired Viking Bank in Seattle, Wa.
- 2012: Acquired Security Business Bank of San Diego in San Diego, Ca.
- 2012: Acquired Inland Community Bank, National Association32916) in Rialto, Ca.
- 2013: Acquired PremierWest Bank in Medford, Or.
- 2014: Acquired The First National Bank of Starbuck in Starbuck, Mn.
- 2015: Acquired Bank of Sacramento in Sacramento, Ca.
- 2015: AmericanWest merged with Banner
- 2017: Banner sold its Utah locations to People's Utah.
- GlobalNewswire - Merger (Drawn 11/21/2017)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next