<== Site of the Week for 2009-09-23 ==>
Zero Fatalities seeks to eliminate traffic fatalities. The site promotes a variety of catchy advertising programs to raise awareness of the risks involved in driving.
- Spot the Tot encourages people to be aware of the children around vehicles.
- Don't Drive Stupid raises awareness of things that causes accidents such as drowsiness, or in car distractions (like other teenagers).
- Boost Til 8 promotes the use of baby seats and booster seats.
- Click It or Ticket is a warning about what they will do to you if you are caught without your seatbelt.
- Heads Up reminds pedestrians that they are likely to lose in a run in with a car and need to be street smart.
- Truck Smart reminds car drivers that trucks (and trains for that matter) are the ones that will live through a car/truck incident. Trucks and trains are big and slow to stop.
Zero Fatalities hosts a Safety Summit in early October.
Alive at 25 is a related course for young drivers to help them develop safe driving practices.