Salt Lake Sites: World Beat
Utahns enjoy music from distant shores. There are many festivals that celebrate the diverse heritage of the state along with bands that perfect musical styles from around the world. This page lists web sites for bands with a world beat. If you feel like dancing do the music, I invite you to the world dance listings.
- The Pipes of War (www.thepipesofwar.com)
The Pipes of War is a documentary on bagpiping by the Paradigm Motion Picture Company.
- Salzburger Echo (www.salzburgerecho.com) rate - review
Alpine Music from the Intermountain West. Featuring the sounds of the Alps, with the flavor of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
- Galloway Highlanders (www.gallowayhighlanders.com) rate - review
Pipes & Drums of Utah.
- Bagpipe Blog SLC (www.bagpipes-slc.blogspot.com) rate
Salt Lake Bagpipe blog all about playing for enjoyment! I thought this might be a good way to get some more pipers, drummers and fans involved in my blog. If you are not in it for fun, don???t even bother.
- Salt Lake Scots Pipe Band (www.saltlakescots.org) - review
The new flash web site for the Salt Lake Scots Band.
- Rumba Libre Band (www.rumbalibreband.com)
Rumba Libre brings Salsa to the city of Salt Lake.
- Zion Tribe (www.ziontribe.com) - review
Zion Tribe plays danceable rockin' reggae rhythms. Their web site has the band's calendar, bios and photos.
- Desert Wind World Beat Music (www.desertwindmusic.com)
Bringing Music of World Peace and Celebration To the New Millennium!
- Idlewild (idlewildrecordings.com)
Idlewild performs mainly Celtic Traditional music from Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Brittany, and the Isle of Man. You may also hear them play early and traditional music from various cultures , such as English, French and old time American music. I
- Utah Bagpiper (utahbagpiper.blogspot.com) rate
A blog following Utah's celtic music scene.
Category Hits 6212