Salt Lake Sites: Weather
The atmosphere is thin and the air is dry. Add to this combination a large inland lake, and you create world class skiing conditions, as well as a few slick roads.
The towering mountains make spectacular viewing. Inversions hold in the pollution. There is a lot to learn about the air above Salt Lake. The following are web sites concerned with meteorology, weather, road conditions and air quality in the Salt Lake Valley.
- National Weather Service - Weather Forecast Office Salt Lake City (www.wrh.noaa.gov)
The National Weather Service Office in Salt Lake provides information on current conditions and forecasts.
- Weather Satellite for Utah (wwwa.accuweather.com)
Accuweather shows the current satellite map for Utah.
WARNING SITE USES POPUPS.
- National Weather Service : Zone Forecast : Salt Lake And Toole Valleys, Utah (www.srh.noaa.gov)
National Weather Service at the Salt Lake International Airport. (which is pretty much the official weather reporting office for Salt Lake)
- Utah Air Quality Map (www.creativemethods.com)
This map shows grades for pollution in Utah.
- Utah's Weather (utahwxman.blogspot.com)
Darin Brooks blogs about Utah's Weather.
- Atmospheric Sciences - The University of Utah (www.atmos.utah.edu)
The Department of Atmospheric Science by the College and Mines and Earth Science has studies on weather and climate.
Category Hits 4877