Salt Lake Sites: Outdoors
Outdoor related links for Northern, Utah. This directory simply lists websites with an outdoor theme either about Salt Lake Valley, or by someone living in the Salt Lake Valley. You will find a great number of sites on the Wasatch Mountains (to the East of Salt Lake Valley) and travel destinations near Salt Lake City.
- Wasatch Mountain Club (wasatchmountainclub.org)
A club for adventurers and anyone interested in the Wasatch Mountains
- BLM Utah Home Page (www.blm.gov)
The Utah BLM page has a great deal of information on managing Utah's public lands. Includes photos, briefs and and links to information about different areas in the state.
- Salt Lake County: Sheriff's Office Search & Rescue (www.slcosar.org)
The SLC SAR has information on the Search and Rescue team, photos and call out statistics.
- Wasacth Wildflower Festival (www.wasatchwildflowerfestival.org) - review
A festival in July/August that celebrates the abundant wildflowers in the high Wasatch Mountains.
- Wilderness Utah (www.wildernessutah.com)
Hike, backpack, and explore some of Utah's most interesting places. Get the knowledge you need to enjoy the outdoors safely and responsibly.
- Climb Utah (climb-utah.com) - review
Canyoneering & Mountaineering in the Beehive state.
- Wasatch-Cache National Forest (www.fs.fed.us)
Home page for the Wasatch Forest Service
- Holiday Expeditions (bikeraft.com)
For 35 years, Holiday Expeditions has provided trips to the West's most spectacular places.
- Splore (www.splore.org)
is a Utah based nonprofit corporation with a mission of providing life-enhancing wilderness recreation and education to people of all abilities, including people with disabilities and special needs.
- Davis County Search and Rescue (www.dcsar.org)
The Davis County SAR is a 35 member volunteer team that response to emergency calls in the Wasatch Mountains north of Salt Lake.
- Utah Outdoor Activities (www.utahoutdooractivities.com)
Utah Outdoor Activies has resources for hiking, camping, biking, jogging, rock hounding and just plain enjoying Utah's abundant resources.
- Cottonwood Canyons Foundation (www.cottonwoodcanyons.org) - review
The Cottonwood Canyon Foundation works to improve the environmental quality of Big and Little Cottonwood Cayons through public education and stewardship.
- Salt Lake Climbers Alliance (www.saltlakeclimbers.org) - review
The SLCA is a group of local climbers working to promote climbing opportunities, preserve local access and encourage stewardship of the environment.
- Utah Wild .com (www.utahwild.com)
A guide to wilderness activities in Utah.
- Off The Beaten Path Maps (www.otbpmaps.com) - review
Site creates customized topo maps centered on the area of your interest.
- At Your Leisure (ayltv.com) - review
A multimedia site has information about recreation and leisure in the Beehive State.
- American Avalanche Association (www.americanavalancheassociation.org)
An association of avalanche professionals.
- Outdoor Sports Guide (sportsguidemag.com)
Outdoors Sports Guide offers articles on fitness and outdoor recreation.
- Mountain Rec (mountainrec.org)
The Ultimate Mountain and More Recreational Guide
- Hikes and Lakes (www.hikesandlakes.com)
This site features trip reports and photos from hikes around the Mountain West.
Category Hits 20046