Salt Lake Sites: Museums
Websites for the museums, zoos, planetariums and other exhibits throughout the Salt Lake Valley.
- Clark Planetarium (www.clarkplanetarium.org) - review
The Clark Planetarium in the Gateway Plaza has sky shows and an IMAX theatre. See the site for show times, information on the night sky and cool links.
- Discovery Gateway (www.childmuseum.org) - review
The Discovery Gateway Museum in the Gateway Plaza has educational displays and fun for kids.
- Utah Museum of Natural History (www.umnh.utah.edu)
Located in the main circle of the University of Utah. The museum of natural history has exhibits on dinosaurs, anthropology and other interesting topics.
- Fort Douglas Utah 1862-1991 (fortdouglas.org)
A site by the Fort Douglas Military Museum Association. The site has information on Fort Douglas (East of the University) and Utah's Military History.
- Museum of Ancient Life (www.thanksgivingpoint.org)
The Museum of Ancient Life is at Thanksgiving Point (just south of Point of the Mountain off I15).
- The Leonardo (TheLeonardo.com)
The web site for the future Leonardo center is in favor of the 2003 bond initiative.
- Museum of Utah Art and History (www.muahnet.org)
125 South Main Street.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers - Pioneer Musem (www.dupinternational.org)
The Pioneer Museum sponsored by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers offers a large collection of historical artifacts.
- The Gale Center of History and Culture (www.galecenter.org)
This is an exhibit in South Jordan, Utah.
- Natural History Museum of Utah (nhmu.utah.edu)
Discover the New Natural History Museum (and Rio Tinto Center) near the University of Utah.
Category Hits 9312