Salt Lake Sites: Health
Utah has an extremely strong and diverse medical community. With a major research university and highly educated work force, Salt Lake City is a major center for research and production of medical equipment. We also have a large number of firms interested in nutitional supplements and other alternative forms of health care. This directory lists some of the many unique health related web sites in Salt Lake ranging from hospitals to advanced research in genetics.
- PersonaLabs (*)
PersonaLabs offers direct to consumer health tests. Tests include diabetes, STDs, heart health, allergies and other professional tests. The tests take place at the 1700+ LabCorp facilities ... multiple locations in Salt Lake.
- Adult Cloth Diapers (*) - review
Adult Cloth Diapers is an online shop from Salt Lake City selling items to help with incontinence.
- University of Utah Health Sciences Center (www.med.utah.edu)
The University of Utah Hospital's web site includes health care information and doctor referrals.
- Salt Lake Valley Health Department (www.slvhealth.org)
The site includes information on the Salt Lake Board of Health, Community Health and Family Health.
- PWACU (www.pwacu.org) - review
The People With AIDS Coalition of Utah is dedicated to providing educational and support services that enhance the quality of life for all people impacted by HIV / AIDS.
- UTHealth.com (www.uthealth.com)
KSL presents UTHealth.com - Utah's most comprehensive health site with information on news, health topics, and events to help keep Utah Healthy
- College of Health: University of Utah (www.health.utah.edu)
The University of Utah College of Health is a leading provider of medical education in Salt Lake City.
- University of Utah Health Sciences Center (uuhsc.utah.edu)
this site provides the tools you need to address all your health care and academic concerns.
- Utah Tobacco Prevention and Control Program (www.tobaccofreeutah.org)
A site by the Utah Department of Health
Tobacco Prevention and Control Program, Tobacco Free Utah has education projects, etc., to help reduce tobacco consumption.
- HealthInsight (www.healthinsight.org) - review
HealthInsight is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the health care systems of Utah and Nevada.
- Intermountain LiVe (intermountainlive.org) - review
This site by IHC encourages people to live a healthy lifestyle.
- ARUP Blood Services (www.utahblood.org)
ARUP Blood Services provides the majority of blood used by Utah children. Since blood given to babies and small children cannot be more than five days old, this creates an ongoing need for fresh donations. Learn more about how you can help.
- Intermountain Therapy Animals, (www.therapyanimals.org) - review
animal-assisted therapy specialists enhancing quality of life through the human/animal bond.
- Utah Safety Council (www.utahsafetycouncil.org)
The mission of the Utah Safety Council is to reduce injuries, illness and related incidents by providing resources, services and education to influence safety, health and environmental policies and practices.
- TruHearing (www.truhearing.com)
TruHearing offers discounted hearing aids to plan members, as well as parents, grandparents and dependants of the subscriber.
- Relay Utah (www.connectutah.com)
Site by the Public Service Commission of Utah. The site provides TTY devices for the hard of hearing.
- Utah Department of Health (www.health.state.ut.us)
Part of the Utah.Gov group of sites. The Department of Health has info on diseases, vaccinations, cigarettes, CHIP (children's health insurance plan) and other health related issues.
- Utah Donor Registry (www.yesutah.org) - review
Say yes to saving lives. The web site provides information on organ donation in Utah and the donor registry.
- Nora Eccles Harison Cardiovascular Research & Training Institute (www.cvrti.utah.edu)
The primary focus of CVRTI research is cardiac electrophysiology, with investigative expertise ranging from the molecular/cellular level to the whole heart.
- The Association for Utah Community Health (www.auch.org)
AUCH is a non-profit association of community oriented health care providers. Site includes pharmacy services, grassroots avocacy on health care issues and community development information.
- Mt. Nebo Training (www.mtnebotraining.com)
offers EMT courses and EMT supplies at the Hope Alliance Building at 980 South 700 West #11,
- University of Utah's College of Nursing (www.nurs.utah.edu)
With information on the school, faculty, students, enrollment, continuing education and services.
- Utah Medical Association (www.utahmed.org)
The web site has information on membership, and a calendar of medical related events.
- Utah AWARE Information (utahaware.com)
The State of Utah Department of Health, local insurance companies, and pharmaceutical manufacturers are joining forces to stop the increasing resistance of bacteria to antibiotics.
- Wilderness Medicine of Utah (www.wmutah.org) - review
Courses on Wilderness Medicine provided by faculty and students of the University of Utah School of Medicine.
- University Health Care Burn Center Camp (www.uuhsc.utah.edu)
Information on Camp Nah-Nah-Mah and other services for burn victims at the University of Utah's Intermountain Burn Unit
- Check Your Health (www.checkyourhealth.org)
Check your health is a site by the Utah Department of health with resources to help improve Utahns health.
- Brain Injury Association of Utah (biau.org) - review
BIAU's mission is to create a better future through brain injury prevention, research, education and advocacy.
- Cancer Wellness House (www.cancer-wellness.org) - review
Provides support for people with cancer.
- Copper Hills Youth Center (www.copperhillsyouthcenter.com)
COPPER HILLS YOUTH CENTER (in West Jordan) is a 110-bed private adolescent residential treatment center for teenagers 12-17 years of age.
- Utah Telehealth Network (UTN) (www.utahtelehealth.net) - review
Telehealth provides rural patients and providers with access to services that are usually available only in more populated urban areas.
- American Red Cross Blood Services (lewisandclark.redcross.org)
Salt Lake is in the Lewis and Clark District of the American Red Cross Blood Services.
- Ronald McDonald House of Salt Lake City (www.rmhslc.com) - review
The Ronald McDonald House? is a "home away from home" for families who must travel hundreds, sometimes thousands of miles outside their own community to seek medical treatment for a child.
- Utah Cancer Action Network (ucan.cc)
UCAN (by the Utah Department of Health) is an organization working to reduce the incidences and fatalities from cancer.
- Pollen.com - SLC (www.pollen.com)
National Site shows the pollen counts for Salt Lake City.
- US Autism & Asperger Association (www.usautism.org) - review
The USAAA works to enhance the quality of life of individuals and caregivers touched by autism spectrum disorders.
- Fourth Street Clinic (www.fourthstreetclinic.org) - review
The Fourth Street Clinic provides health services for Salt Lake's Homeless.
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Awareness Center (www.maacenter.org)
MAACenter helps victims of asbestos related cancer gather information on the disease. We have compiled the most comprehensive awareness center for malignant mesothelioma on the web.
- Liberty From Incontinence (www.libertyfromincontinence.com) - review
Liberty from incontinence is a site by Utah Medical Products offering urinary treatment with pelvic floor stimulation therapy.
- Comporthopedics (comporthopedics.com)
Comprehensive Orthopedic Specialists,
Located in the Medical Plaza Bldg. on the Salt Lake Regional Medical Center campus
- Malignant Mesothelioma (www.malignantmesothelioma.com)
Malignant mesothelioma is an asbestos-related cancer that affects thousands of Americans every year. This site is intended to be an up to date knowledgebase for victims of this terrible cancer to collect information and resources on the internet.
- Mesothelioma (www.mesothelioma-aid.org)
Resource site about the cancer mesothelioma, how it is diagnosed and treated, and how caregivers can support mesothelioma patients.
- Healing For Life (healingforlife.com)
Site has information on cancer resources at IHC.
- SmartMedic (smartmedic.com)
SmartMedic offers a free quiz for EMS, EMT and Paramedics.
- Utah PricePoint System (utpricepoint.org)
This system provides information on hospital stays and prices for Utah Hospitals.
- Use Only As Directed (www.useonlyasdirected.org) - review
Use Only As Directed is a campaign to encourage proper disposal of unused medication.
- Medication Disposal (www.medicationdisposal.utah.gov)
Site has information on proper medication disposal.
- Utah Stroke Symposium (www.utahstrokesymposium.com)
An annual symposium on stroke management.
- Salt Lake County Health Department (www.slcohealth.org) - review
A site by the Salt Lake County Health Department.
- Stop Whooping Cough (stopwhoopingcough.org) - review
Stop Whooping Cough is a campaign from the Health Department promoting whooping cough vaccines.
- Advanced Hearing Center (www.advancedhearing.org) - review
Advanced Hearing Centers offers access to audiologists and hearing aids.
- ABC4 Healthy Utah (health.abc4.com)
This is an online magazine about the health sector in Salt Lake City.
- EPICC Program (choosehealth.utah.gov)
EPICC promotes healthy living through environment, policy and improved clinical care.
- Salt Lake County Health Department (slco.org)
The Salt Lake County Health Department has health resources provided by Salt Lake County.
Category Hits 35955
*This is an affiliate link.
Alpha ~ Site Map ~ Add Link ~ Utah Color ~ Master Index ~ Health