Salt Lake Sites: Garden
Utah has a diverse mix of ecosystems that range from the desolate high plains desert to the alpine meadows of the High Uintahs. While much of the early gardening efforts in Salt Lake City was simply a transplanting of garden styles from Europe, today there is a realization that a high desert community needs to evolve its own style of gardening.
This section of Salt Lake Sites focuses has links to garden centric web sites in the Salt Lake Valley. If you have a garden site of interest to the Salt Lake Valley, feel free to add it.
- Garden Seed Storage by Legacy Food Storage (*) - review
Legacy Seed Storage by Legacy Food Storage offers properly dried seeds for long term storage.
- Prestige Tree and Landscape (www.prestigetreeandlandscape.com)
Prestige is a Draper based landscape company
- Red Butte Garden (www.redbuttegarden.org) - review
Utah's botanical garden and arboretum. The Red Butte Gardens are located east of the U, at the base of Red Butte Canyon.
- Cactus and Tropicals (www.cactusandtropicals.com)
carries an interesting mix of plans for xeroscaping, planters and bog gardens. The 17,000 foot greenhouse has an displays of tropical plants. The store provides maintenance services and has a good selection of pottery and gifts.
- Utah Green (www.utahgreen.org)
Site for the Utah Nursery & Landscape Association (UNLA).
- Slow the Flow Campaign (www.slowtheflow.org) - review
The slow the flow site has information on saving water, a demonstration garden and water saving games.
- Wasatch Shadows Nursery (www.wasatchshadows.com)
Wasatch Shadows Nursery offers plants, gardening supplies, gifts and landscape design.
- Wasatch Rock Garden Society (www.nargs.org) - review
The Rock Garden Society includes Salt Lake gardeners interested in promoting the form of the rock Garden. This group is a member of the North American Rock Garden Society (NARGS).
- Utah Curbing! (utahcurbing.com)
Curbing is our full time occupation. Our crew installed over 50,000 feet of curbing last season. Go with the pros at Utah Curbing.
- Mountain Valley Seed (www.mvseeds.com) - review
Mountain Valley Seed offers vegetable, herb, and flower seeds in economical bulk packaging. The selection includes many AAS Winners as well as many varieties recomended by USU. Also sprouting seeds, grass seeds, and range of popular wildflower seeds.
- Landmark Design, Inc. (www.ldi-ut.com) - review
Landmark Design is a talented planning and design firm with expertise in community planning, landscape architecture, urban design, and site planning.
- JJ Garden Center (jjgardencenter.com)
JJ Garden Center, in Layton, has supplies for gardening, landscaping and creating ponds.
- Growing Empire Perennials & Shrubs Nursery (growingempire.net) - review
Browse our listing of climate appropriate hardy plants. All items are grown outdoors locally to prepare for success in your garden.
- Utah Botanical Center (utahbotanicalcenter.org)
The USU Utah Botanical Center in Kaysville includes the Rasmussen Teaching Garden, Wetland Discovery Point and has projects for Boy Scout Merit Badges.
- Millcreek Gardens (www.millcreekgardens.com) - review
Millcreek Gardens is a nursery and garden shop located at 3500 South 900 East in Millcreek.
- Conservation Garden Park at Jordan Valley (www.conservationgardenpark.org) - review
The Conservation Garden Park showcases beautiful, waterwise landscapes ideal for northern Utah.
- Gilgal Sculpture Garden (www.gilgalgarden.org)
Formerly the secret garden of Salt Lake, Gilgal Sculpture Garden is now a public city park, open daily for the enjoyment of all. Located at 749 East 500 South in Salt Lake City,
- LawnAide (lawnaide.com)
LawnAide provides lawn care services in the Salt Lake Valley.
- Wasatch Community Gardens (wasatchgardens.org)
Wasatch Community Gardens [824 South 400 West] provides space for gardening. The gardens offer workshops and has volunteer opportunities for organic gardeners.
- J & L Garden Center (jlgardencenter.com)
J & L Garden Center is located in Bountiful.
- Western Garden Centers (www.westerngardens.com)
Western Garden Centers is a nursery with locations at 500 South 600 East in Salt Lake, 9201 South 1300 East in Sandy, and 4050 West 4100 South in WVC.
- Utah Community Forest Council (www.utahurbanforest.org)
The Utah Community Forest Council is interest in the health of Utah's urban forests.
- Lawn Butler (lawnbutler.net)
Lawn Butler of Bountiful offers Landscape and Grounds Maintenance services.
- Tomsic and Sons (www.tomsicsoil.com)
Tomsic and Sons is a licensed, insured, and locally owned Topsoil company that has been dedicated to producing and delivering the highest quality landscaping products in the Salt Lake City Valley since 1951.
- Traces Garden (www.tracesgarden.com)
Traces Garden offers supplies and seeds for organic gardens.
- Lambert Growers (www.lambertgrowers.com)
We are a family-owned greenhouse operation that specializes in growing a wide array of vegetable starts and bedding flowers for your spring garden.
- Senske Services (www.senske.com)
Services from Senske include lawn care, tree care, pest control and Christmas lights.
- Weed Control | Salt Lake County (slco.org)
The goal of the Salt Lake County Weed Control Program is to assist property owners in identification, prevention and suppression of noxious weeds within the county.
- Rasmussen Landscapes (rasmussenlandscapes.com)
Rasmussen offers landscape, yard care and tree services.
- South Valley Tree (southvalleytree.com)
This Millcreek based company offers tree services.
- Salt Lake City Tree Service (saltlaketreeservice.com)
Site offers commercial and residential tree services.
- Steve's Stump Grinding (www.stumpgrindersteve.com)
Steve offers stump grinding services.
- Jonny B's Industries (jonnybs.net)
Jonny B offers industrial tree removal, stump grinding and handyman services.
- TruGreen (www.trugreen.com)
TruGreen offers lawn care services in Salt Lake City.
Category Hits 15963
*This is an affiliate link.