Salt Lake Sites: Food
In the pre-Olympic days, Salt Lake had an unfortunate reputation for bland food and oversized portions. Hosting an international event encouraged many people to look at what they eat. The result is a greater interest in the quality of food. I believe that the web can play a vital role in this renaissance of Utah cooking by providing greater information on nutritional value and freshness of food.
In recent years we have seen the opening of farmers markets a large number of new restaurants and increased interest in the nutritional value of food.
This directory lists local food related web sites. You can find restaurants, grocery stores and restaurant supply equipment with the links above. You can find Salt Lake cookbooks in the online store.
- True Leaf Market (merchant profile)
True Leaf Market offers kits for growing microgreens (including wheatgrass) along with heirloom seeds and juicers.
- Green Smoothie Girl (*) - review
Green Smoothie Girl promotes a whole food diet. A good start is to mix a salad in a blender.
- Colosimo's Sausage (www.colosimosoriginal.com)
Colosimo's, of Sandy, has been making sausage since 1923. Colosimo's offers take out and catering.
- Utah Food Industry Association (www.utfood.com)
An association to advance the Utah Food Industry. Serves over 350 members, including grocery stores, convenience stores, food brokers, and suppliers.
- The Beer Nut (www.beernut.com)
Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies.
- Rhodes Bake-N-Serv (www.rhodesbread.com)
Information on Rhodes Bake-N-Serv breads. Site has recipes and an online store.
- Winder Farms (winderfarms.com) - review
Winder Farms offers home delivery of their fresh milk, bread and other goodies.
- The Grocery Guru (www.gurusdeals.com)
This site cohosted by the Newspaper Agency Corporation, Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News has paid ads for grocery coupons and specials.
- Liberty Heights Fresh (www.libertyheightsfresh.com)
Liberty Heights Fresh offers fresh foods on the corner of 1300 South 1100 East.
- LDS Raw (www.ldsveg.org)
A site for LDS vegetarians.
- Dream Dinners (Profile)
Dream Dinners offers mix and freeze dinners. In a dinner building session, you will put together 12 full dinners. You then freeze the dinners. In the upcoming weeks you thaw, cook and serve.
- The Old Dutch Store (www.olddutchstore.com)
A fine European delicatessen at 2696 South Highland Drive.
- Swire Coca-Cola (www.swirecc.com)
Company bottles Cocacola and other drinks. Swire Pacific acquired the Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Salt Lake City in 1978.
- Apple Beer (www.applebeer.com)
Apple Beer is a non-alcoholic fizzy drink from Holladay, Utah.
- Kodiak Cakes (www.kodiakcakes.com)
Kodiak Cakes creates pancake mixes and syrups.
- Don Julio Foods (www.donjuliofoods.com)
Don Julio Foods makes corn chips and Clover Club potato chips.
- Gygi Culinary Solutions (www.gygi.com) - review
Site has information on the Gygi Culinary Institute and cookingware.
- Utah Wine Stores (abc.utah.gov) - review
Private stores cannot sell wine giving the state a monopoly. This page has a list of Utah Wine Stores.
- Nicholas & Company (www.nicholasandco.com)
Nicholas and Company specialize in food distribution.
- Spoonful of Comfort (www.spoonfulofcomfort.com)
Spoonful of Comfort brings the ultimate chicken soup to the Internet. Homestyle chicken soup is a great get-well gift.
- Amour Spreads (amourspreads.com)
Gourmet jams and jellies made from organic and sustainable Utah fruit.
- Utah Natural Meat (www.utahnaturalmeat.com)
Site offers grass fed and pasteur raised meat.
- Thyme & Seasons (thyme-seasons.com)
Site offers cooking classes.
- Mount Olympus Water (Profile)
Site offers bottled water in the Salt Lake Area.
- Institute of Food Technologists (www.iftutah.org)
The Bonneville Section of the Institute of Food Technologists is interested in nutrition, food safety, and storage.
- Dairy Council (www.utahdairycouncil.com)
The Utah Dairy Council [1213 E 2100 S] promotes wholesome foods.
- Fog River Seafood (www.fogriver.com)
Fog River is a Salt Lake Company that brings the best seafood to the Rocky Mountain Market.
- Laziz Foods (laziz-foods.com)
Est 2012, Laziz seeks to integrate a culinary dynamic between middle eastern flavors and your home cuisine. We began with hummus at the farmers market, and soon thereafter added muhammara and toum, with plans to introduce additional food items.
- Trimr (trimrlife.com)
Trimr is a hybrid water/shaker bottle being developed through kickstarter.
- Homelife Publishers (homelifepublishers.com)
Homelife Publishers is creating the Brownie Diet book.
- Food for Health International (foodforhealthinternational.com)
Food for Health is a contract manufacturer of raw ingredients and finished foods used in the preparedness and nutritional industry. 3560 Ninigret Drive.
- Miller's Honey (www.millerhoney.com)
Miller's Honey is a Salt Lake City based producer of honey and related products.
- Dairy Council of Utah Nevada (www.dairycouncilutnv.com)
The Dairy Council promotes farms and nutrition.
- Frody's Salt & Smoke Meats (saltandsmokemeats.com)
Frody's offers handcrafted sausages, bacon, corned beef and meat products.
- Devour Utah Store (devourutahstore.com)
This online store, by Devour Utah Magazine, offers local foods and discounts to local restaurants.
- Urban Pioneer Foods (urbanpioneerfoods.com)
Urban Pioneer Foods at 389 West 1700 South creates fully cooked meals that patrons can take home.
- Main Street Quality Meats (mainstreetqualitymeats.com)
Main Street Quality Meats is meat market in South Salt Lake that provides to custom cut meats and great package deals to its customers.
- Wasatch Meats, Inc. (www.wasatchmeats.com)
Wasatch Meats Inc. is a wholesale distributor of quality meats and poultry. We have been in the foodservice industry for over 70 years and are the exclusive foodservice processor of Certified Angus BeefÂ® for Utah.
- Gourmet Food Group (www.gourmetfoodgroup.com)
Gourmet Food Group seeks to create quality pasta that cooks easily.
- Vibe Bottle (www.vibebottle.com) - review
Vibe creates distinctive reusable water bottles. The review has an August 2017 Kickstarter campaign.
- The Green Urban Lunch Box (www.thegreenurbanlunchbox.com) - review
The Green Urban Lunch Box (GULB) promotes fresh greens and organic gardening. The site offers school and community programs.
Category Hits 19542
*This is an affiliate link.