Salt Lake Sites: Environment
Unfortunately, there's a great deal of power and money wanting to make short term profits by plowing under the wealth of the state. These are web sites for organizations helping to preserve the environment of Utah. The subdirectories above lead to links about the area and recreational opportunities.
- Department of Air Quality (www.airquality.utah.gov) - review
The DAQ has interesting pages showing trends in air quality control. Pollution from industry is decreasing...pollution from cars is getting worse. You can find info on policies, planning, compliance, outreach, etc.
- Utah Society for Environmental Education (www.usee.org)
USEE works to educate Utahns on important environmental issues.
- Utah Rivers Council (utahrivers.org) - review
community-based, grassroots, non-profit organization dedicated to conservation and stewardship of Utah's rivers and sustainable, clean water sources for Utah citizens and wildlife for generations to come.
- Friends of Great Salt Lake (www.fogsl.org)
FOGSL is dedicated to preserving the Great Salt Lake.
- Save Our Canyons (www.saveourcanyons.org)
Dedicated to Protecting the Beauty and Wildness of the Wasatch Canyons.
- High Uintas Preservation Council (www.hupc.org)
We believe the preservation of wilderness, the flow of wildness and the well-being of the human animal go hand in hand. We seek solutions to these land preservation issues, remembering that we are part of this world.
- Utah Open Lands (www.utahopenlands.org)
A non-profit group dedicated to preserving Utah Open Lands.
- Utah Chapter Sierra Club (utah.sierraclub.org)
Helping preserve our wild places.
- Utah Environmental Congress (uec-utah.org)
UEC works with Utah Environmental Organizations to ensure that existing environmental laws are enforced on public lands.
- Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance (suwa.org)
SUWA builds strong and lasting public support for wilderness preservation by focusing its attention on grassroots activists and public outreach campaigns.
- Wallace Stegner Center for Land, Resources and the Environment (www.law.utah.edu)
The Stegner Center provides a multidisciplinary study of natural resources and environmental law and policy.
- Western Regional Air Partnership (www.wrapair2.org)
WRAP is a regional organization of states and tribes that addresses means to improve air quality and reduce haze in the Western U.S..
- Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District (www.jvwcd.org)
The Jordan River runs through the heart of the Salt Lake Valley. Formerly called the Salt Lake County Conservancy District, the JVWCD over sees Salt Lake Valley's most valuable natural resource...it's water.
- Western Resource Advocates (www.westernresources.org)
Western Resource Advocates (WRA) is a non-profit environmental law and policy organization dedicated to restoring and protecting the natural environment of the Interior American West.
- Utah Population and Environment Coalition (www.utahpopulation.org)
The purpose of Utah Population and Environment Coalition is to achieve a healthy and attractive environment by encouraging voluntary limits on population and consumption.
- Stormwater Coalition (www.stormwatercoalition.org) - review
The storm water coalition (by Salt Lake County) would like to remind people that we all live downstream. Don't wash waste into the storm drains!
- Leave It Wild (www.leaveitwild.org) - review
Leave It Wild works to protect America's Wilderness and Natural Heritage. This page has info on Utah's Wilderness.
- Utah Clean Cities Coalition (www.utahcleancities.org)
Utah Clean Cities promotes the use of alternative fuels such as natural gas, biodiesel, propane and ethanol in vehicles in order to increase energy security and improve air quality.
- Salt Lake Conservation District (www.saltlakeconservation.org)
The Salt Lake Conservation District works to preserve natural resources in Salt Lake County.
- Western Climate Initiative (www.westernclimateinitiative.org)
Welcome to the Western Climate Initiative (WCI). The WCI is a collaboration of independent jurisdictions working together to identify, evaluate, and implement policies to tackle climate change at a regional level.
- Take Back Utah (www.takebackutah.org) - review
A group protecting access to public lands.
- Salt Lake County - Environmental Programs (green.slco.org)
Find out what Salt Lake Couty is doing to protect the environment.
- Bio West (bio-west.com)
Bio-West offers environmental related services including Environmental Analysis, Watershed Science Services, Wetland Resource, GIS Analysis along with Geology, Hydrogeology, and Remediation Services
- UCAIR (www.ucair.org)
UCAIR is a statewide clean air partnership created to make it easier for individuals, businesses and communities to make small changes to improve Utah’s air.
- Breathe Utah (www.breatheutah.org)
Breathe Utah is a group of citizens and professionals with experience and expertise in scientific, medical, legal, and communications aspects of air quality in Utah.
- SLCgreen (www.slcgreen.com)
Salt Lake City Green is comprised of award-winning environmental programs that continue to help us conserve resources, reduce pollution, slow climate change and ensure a healthy, sustainable future for Salt Lake City..
- Healthy Environment Alliance of Utah (healutah.org)
HEAL Utah is an alliance of citizens and organizations united in an effort to protect the public from the risks of transporting, storing and disposing of nuclear and toxic wastes.
Category Hits 7937