Salt Lake Sites: Crafts
Salt Lake has a long and noted tradition in the world of crafts. From the pioneer days to the techno-present, Salt Lakers have had an eye for hand crafted goods. The Internet has proven a boon for crafters. The Internet gives Salt Lake Crafters access to the national market, and there is a big demand for our goods.
One of the most exciting area of internet crafting is in the new field of scrapbooking. Scrapbooking combines Salt Lake's love for genealogy and crafts. It is so popular, that I created a separate directory for Salt Lake Scrapbooking.
- Worldstock (*)
The Worldstock division of Overstock.com offers handcrafted goods made by indigenous populations from around the world.
- Clever Octopus (www.cleveroctopus.org) - review
Clever Octopus, 4973 S State Street, has workshops on clever ways to reuse things.
- Utah Quilt Guild (www.utahquiltguild.org) - review
Stitching all of the pieces together.
- The Quilted Bear (quiltedbear.com)
The Quilted Bear is a crafter's mall featuring handcrafted gifts, collectibles and home decoration ideas from local artists.
- Easy Craft Embroidery Kits (www.easycraftkits.com)
EASY CRAFTS offers a wide range of primitive style embroidery kits to be used as a wall hanging, quilt square or pillow. Each of our kits is designed to be easily finished, even by a beginner! Our kits are carefully assembled as a complete package. The
- Quilt Craft Sew (quiltcraftsew.com)
Group organizes fiber art events.
- Jusbcuz Dezins (www.jusbcuzdezins.com) - review
Jusbcuz Dezins creates unique country style crafts and gifts. Items include wood cutouts, bears, cutsie theme, magnets, cookie jars, apples, paper towel holders with themes including frogs, cows, pigs, and holidays.
- Spinderella's Creations (www.spinderellas.com) - review
We are a small family owned and operated fiber mill. We can spin you animal fibers into yarn! How cool is that?
- Nuttalls' Fabric and Sewing Headquarters (www.nuttallbernina.com)
Nuttalls' carries fabrics and craft supplies.
- Elaine's Quilt Block (www.elainesquiltblock.com)
Elaine's Quilt Block at 6970 South 3000 East in Fort Union offers quilts and quilting classes.
- Home Machine Quilting Show (www.hmqs.org)
The Home Machine Quilting Show includes a display of quilts and features the latest quilting technology.
- Pioneer Craft House (www.pioneercrafthouse.com)
The mission of Pioneer Craft House is to respond to the community by offeringvital cultural resources and high standards of art and craft education programs and events.
- The Copper Phoenix (www.thecopperphoenix.com)
The Copper Phoenix specializes in items made of copper.
- Doodlebug Design (www.doodlebug.ws)
Doodlebug Designs offers ideas with playful colors for your craft and living areas to help brighten your day.
- Craft Lake City (craftlakecity.com)
A DiY organization with workshops on crafts, kids crafts, video, multimedia, etc.
- Pinners Conference and Expo (pinnersconference.com)
A craft show featuring DiY crafts and scrapbooking ideas.
- Joan's Jasmine Jive (www.zhibit.org)
Joan creates whimsical yard art.
- 123 Stitch (www.123stitch.com)
123 Stitch is a crafting site with fabrics, stamps, dies and more.
- SNAP! Conference (snapconference.com)
SNAP Conference is a meeting of creative bloggers in April.
- Quilt and Sew Shop (www.quiltandsewshop.com)
Quilt and Sew Shop is the online store of the Creative Crafts Group which publishes Creating Keepsakes, Paper Crafts, Quilter's Newsletter, Quilter's Home, Sew News, Creative Machine Embroidery and more. Sit has leading craft products.
Category Hits 50418
*This is an affiliate link.