Salt Lake Sites: Bio Tech
Salt Lake and the University of Utah are on the cutting edge of bio tech revolution. One of the biggest bio tech resources in the valley are the massive genealogical databases stored throughout the valley. This section has links to bio tech firms. If you are a mad scientist creating new forms of life in the Salt Lake Valley, feel free to add a link to your site. (Many of the firms that manufacture medical equipment also engage in research).
- Genetic Science Learning Center (learn.genetics.utah.edu) - review
The University of Utah is a major genetic and biomedical research center. This GSLC web site was recognized by Scientific American as one of the top web resources for scientific information.
- Eccles Institute of Human Genetics (genetics.utah.edu)
Genetic research center at the University of Utah.
- Medicity (infosite.medicity.com)
Medicity [56 E Broadway in Salt Lake City] offers clinics single point access to patient's medical records.
- Nelson Laboratories (www.nelsonlabs.com)
Microbiology Testing Services in Sandy, Utah.
- Myriad Genetics (www.myriad.com) - review
Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ: MYGN is a biopharmaceutical company providing genetic testing services and proteomics technology.
- USANA Health Sciences (www.usanahealthsciences.com)
is a science-based company that develops, manufactures, and markets nutritional, personal care, and weight management products.
- Listen Technologies Corporation (www.listentech.com)
provides personal assistive listening devices for the hearing impaired and people who need to communicate in adverse conditions (law enforcement, courtrooms, factories and language assistance, etc.)
- Dermatology Research Center Home (www.dermatologyresearch.net)
Information on Dermatology Research projects by by Leonard J. Swinyer, M.D.. You can participate in their research projects. You need a high bandwidth connection to view the site.
- Idaho Technology (www.idahotech.com) - review
Biotechnology firm in Reasearch Park: Home of the Fastest Thermocyclers on the Market.
- Utah Genome Depot (www.genome.utah.edu)
Funded by National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, this web site has information for genetic researchers.
- Affiliated Genetics (www.affiliatedgenetics.com)
Affiliated Genetics labs do genetic testing, identity testing and paternity testing.
- Sorenson BioScience (www.sorbio.com)
Sorenson BioScience created disposable, plastic liquid handling products.
- DataChem Laboratories, Inc. (www.datachem.com)
DataChem Labs began in 1971 to do research for the development of the artificial heart. Today it is a provider of quality analytical testing for environmental and industrial hygiene services.
- Dexterity Design (www.dexteritydesign.com) - review
Dexterity Design designs and produces plastic based products used primarily in the medical industry.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (www.npsp.com) - review
NPS is researching and developing pharmaceuticals using therapeutic small molecules and recombinant proteins. Projects address osteoporosis, hyperparathyroidism, gastrointestinal disorders and central nervous system disorders
- Basic Research (www.basicresearch.org)
Basic Research has a reputation for innovative research and product development in the health care and supplement industries.
- Amirsys (www.amirsys.com)
Amirsys is a radiologic information systems provider publishing exclusively in the radiology area.
- ARUP Laboratories (www.aruplab.com)
ARUP Laboratories is a national reference laboratory and a worldwide leader in innovative laboratory research and development
- Korr (www.korr.com) - review
Korr develops Spirometry and Metabolic Testing Equipment for fitness assessment. The technology is used in the medical professions along with fitness trainers and in weight loss programs.
- IOMED (www.iomed.com)
IOMED develops, manufactures and markets active drug delivery systems. These systems are used in the physical and occupational therapy and sports medicine markets.
- BSD Medical Corporation (www.bsdmc.com)
BSD Medical (BSDM) offers medical products and service for treatment of cancer and other ailments. Products involve controlled application of heat.
- Enablemart (www.enablemart.com)
Enablemart carries the latest in assistive technologies to help people with a variety of disabilities. The technologies includes reading technolories, hearing enhancements, keyboards, environmental care and more.
- ambIT Pump (www.ambitpump.com)
Site has information on the ambIT Pump.
- BioFire Diagnostics (www.biofiredx.com)
BioFire makes diagnostic tools.
- BioInnovations Gateway (bioinnovationsgateway.org)
BiG is an incubator for bio-tech startups in Utah.
- Anatomylab.com (anatomylab.com)
AnatomyLab.com is an online anatomy resource.
- UNIConnect (www.uniconnect.com)
UNIConnect makes UNIFlow™ software which creates a process control language and tracking database for the laboratory.
- Process Instruments inc. (www.process-instruments-inc.com)
Process Instrument offers Raman analysis and chemometric model development for customers' samples.
- Health Catalyst (www.healthcatalyst.com)
Health Catalyst provides datawarehousing and analytic products for the health care industry.
- Stericycle (www.stericycle.com)
Stericycle creates products for medical waste disposal.
- AMEDICA (www.amedica.com) - review
Amedica (NASDAQ: AMDA) creates orthopedic implants made of silicon nitride.
- Pyrexar Medical (www.pyrexar.com)
PYREXAR Medical is the pioneer and worldwide market leader in the development and manufacture of innovative and highly effective thermal therapy / hyperthermia cancer treatment systems.
- Perseon Medical (perseonmedical.com)
Perseon Medical (NASDAQ: PRSN) is a Salt Lake biotech firm engaged in cancer research and treatment.
Category Hits 16906