Salt Lake Sites: Arts
Salt Lake City has one of the most diverse artists communities of any US city. Inspired by the mountain vistas of Northern Utah and the stark desert of Southern Utah, the state bring out the hidden artistic insights of many of its residents. This branch of the directory lists links to different artists and organizations. Please dig deep in the directory, you will find a treasure trove of the best Salt Lake web sites.
- ArtWanted.com (*) - review
ArtWanted.com is a large online portfolio of great local and national talent. The site includes illustrators, graphic designers, cartoonists, photographers, fine artists, web designers, multi-media authors
- Utah Museum of Contemporary Art (www.utahmoca.org)
Formerly called the Salt Lake Arts Center, the Utah Museum of Contemporary Art at 20 South West Temple is a county owned museum display the best in national and international contemporary art.
- Bountiful/Davis Art Center (www.bdac.org)
Community Art Center featuring over 12 exhibitions annually and quarterly art classes. BDAC is the sponsoring organization of Bountiful Summerfest International.
- Underground Artists Association (www.artgodz.com)
UAA promotes underground artists, and is building a community of people who express themselves with visual art, performance art, music, spoken word, dance, theatre, etc..
- The Leonardo (www.theleonardo.com) - review
The arts center at Library Square in downtown Salt Lake City.
- City Arts Council (www.slcgov.com) - review
Salt Lake City Arts Council with information on Finch Gallery, The Art Barn, Brown Bag Concert Series, Twilight Concert Series, Living Traditions Festival, City Arts Grants and Sidewalk Arts.
- RED magazine (www.red-mag.com) - review
A weekly arts and entertainment magazine from the University of Utah, included as an insert to the Daily Utah Chronicle.
- Glass Art Guild (www.glassartguild.com) - review
The Glass Art Guild of Utah is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing a forums for increased awareness and appreciation of kiln-formed glass art.
- DAZ Productions - Gallery (www.daz3d.com)
A gallery of images created with the DAZ 3D modeling tools and Bryce 3D.
- Clay Arts, Utah (clayartsutah.org) - review
Clay Arts Utah is an organization of local potters and artists dedicated to education and advancement of the clay arts.
- Intermountain Society of Artists (www.isartists.org) - review
ISA is a local organization supporting Utah Arts. ISA hosts monthly meetings of artists, workshops and shows.
- Art Feedback (www.artfeedback.com)
Art Feedback, by ArtWanted.com is a fun site the lets you rate amateur artwork. The artists can use the feedback to hone their talent.
- Incredible Art Factory (www.incredibleartfactory.com)
Fun, educational art classes for youth ages 2 to 12 located in the Pioneer Craft House in South Salt Lake
- Petersen Art Center (www.petersenartcenter.com) - review
In Sugarhouse, Petersen art center provides art instruction for adults and children. The web site has info on classes as well as a student art gallery and print collection.
- Utah Arts Festival (www.uaf.org)
A major art event and festival that takes place in June.
- Chase Home Museum of Folk Arts (artsandmuseums.utah.gov)
Located in Liberty Park, this museum exhibits traditional art from Utah's Native American, ethnic, occupational and rural communities. The museum is open from mid-April to mid-October; free outdoor concerts during July and August. Call 533-5760.
- Salt Lake County Zoo, Arts & Parks (www.zap.slco.org)
Providing public funds for Zoo, Arts and Park projects.
- ArtTix (www.arttix.org)
Tickets to Utah entertainment and art events.
- Another Language (www.anotherlanguage.org) - review
Another Language is an interdisciplinary dance company combining arts and communication technology.
- Arts-In-Education (artsineducation.org) - review
Artistic Resource for Teachers and Students
- Bad Dog Intranet Home (www.baddogkids.org) - review
A Student's Arts project.
- The Art Barn (www.slcgov.com)
is the home of the Salt Lake City Arts Council. Located in Reservoir Park, near the University of Utah, the Art Barn has served as a community arts center since its doors opened in the early 1930s.
- Artspace (www.artspaceutah.org)
Artspace is an arts and community-building nonprofit organization developing vital and diverse neighborhoods by creating affordable housing and workspaces.
- Artists of Utah (www.artistsofutah.org)
A master index of Utah artists, galleries and art organizations.
- The Arts Organization (www.theartsorganization.com)
mission is to help artist reclaim their passion for life. The Tao Institute has classes on astrology, feng shui, relationships, meditation and an on going series of lectures.
- Alta Arts (www.altaarts.org) - review
A community enrichment program for Little Cottonwood Canyon.
- Kimball Art Center (www.kimball-art.org) - review
The Kimball Arts Center in Park City is one of the Utah's major galleries. The Kimball Arts Center hosts the Park City Arts Festival.
- College of Fine Arts at the U of U (www.finearts.utah.edu)
A portal to the inner sanctum of the College of Fine Arts at the University of Utah.
- Brolly Arts (www.brollyarts.org) - review
Brolly Arts is an umbrella organization that supports arts from groups and independent artists. The group hosts shows, events, exhibitions and a variety of mixed media affairs.
- Utah Cultural Celebration Center (www.wvc-ut.gov)
The Utah Cultural Celebration Center is a locally-driven arts and cultural complex in West Valley City.
- Thunderbird Foundation for the Arts (www.thunderbirdfoundation.com) - review
Preserving the Spirit, Legacy and Artwork of Maynard Dixon
- Museum of Utah Art & History (www.muahnet.org)
The Museum of Utah Art & History, located at 125 South Main Street in Salt Lake City, offers changing exhibitions that highlight the rich artistic and historic traditions of Utah.
- 15 bytes (www.15bytes.org)
15 bytes is a monthly ezine about arts in Utah.
- B.C.S. Project (www.bcsproject.org)
This project explores the rock art in Barrier Canyon.
- Salt Lake Country Center for the Arts (www.slccfa.org)
Site has information on Salt Lake County arts initiatives include Abravenal Hall, Capitol Theatre, and Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center
- Sandy Watercolor Guild (www.watercolor.sandyarts.org)
What happens when an artist drops his palette on the beach? He gets sandy watercolors. This site has information on the Sandy Watercolor Guild.
- Chalk Art Festival (www.chalkartfestival.org) - review
An annual fundraiser for the Utah Foster Care Foundation that takes place at the Gateway in June.
- Utah Local Festival of Arts (www.utlfa.org)
Generation A hosts a festival of local arts
- The Paint Mixer (www.thepaintmixer.com)
The Paint Mixer is a paint and wine studio. The group organizes events that match a painting, fine wine and music. They teach about the wine and people try to recreate the painting. The organization also hosts painting events for kids and seniors.
Category Hits 35033
*I have affiliate arrangements with sites marked with asterisks.