Salt Lake Sites: Arts
Salt Lake City has one of the most diverse artists communities of any US city. Inspired by the mountain vistas of Northern Utah and the stark desert of Southern Utah, the state bring out the hidden artistic insights of many of its residents. This branch of the directory lists links to different artists and organizations. Please dig deep in the directory, you will find a treasure trove of the best Salt Lake web sites.
- ArtWanted.com (merchant profile) - review
ArtWanted.com is a large online portfolio of great local and national talent. The site includes illustrators, graphic designers, cartoonists, photographers, fine artists, web designers, multi-media authors
- Utah Arts Festival (www.uaf.org)
A major art event and festival that takes place in June.
- Chase Home Museum of Folk Arts (heritage.utah.gov)
Located in Liberty Park, this museum exhibits traditional art from Utah's Native American, ethnic, occupational and rural communities. The museum is open from mid-April to mid-October; free outdoor concerts during July and August. Call 533-5760.
- Utah Museum of Contemporary Art (www.utahmoca.org)
The Utah Museum of Contemporary Art at 20 South West Temple is a county owned museum display the best in national and international contemporary art.
- Salt Lake County Zoo, Arts & Parks (www.zap.slco.org)
Providing public funds for Zoo, Arts and Park projects.
- Another Language (www.anotherlanguage.org) - review
Another Language is an interdisciplinary dance company combining arts and communication technology.
- Arts-In-Education (artsineducation.org) - review
Artistic Resource for Teachers and Students
- Bad Dog Intranet Home (www.baddogkids.org) - review
A Student's Arts project.
- Artspace (www.artspaceutah.org)
Artspace is an arts and community-building nonprofit organization developing vital and diverse neighborhoods by creating affordable housing and workspaces.
- Artists of Utah (www.artistsofutah.org)
A master index of Utah artists, galleries and art organizations.
- Petersen Art Center (www.petersenartcenter.com) - review
In Sugarhouse, Petersen art center provides art instruction for adults and children. The web site has info on classes as well as a student art gallery and print collection.
- The Arts Organization (www.theartsorganization.com)
mission is to help artist reclaim their passion for life. The Tao Institute has classes on astrology, feng shui, relationships, meditation and an on going series of lectures.
- Alta Arts (www.altaarts.org) - review
A community enrichment program for Little Cottonwood Canyon.
- Leonardo (www.theleonardo.com) - review
The arts center at Library Square in downtown Salt Lake City.
- City Arts Council (www.slcgov.com) - review
Salt Lake City Arts Council with information on Finch Gallery, The Art Barn, Brown Bag Concert Series, Twilight Concert Series, Living Traditions Festival, City Arts Grants and Sidewalk Arts.
- College of Fine Arts at the U of U (www.finearts.utah.edu)
A portal to the inner sanctum of the College of Fine Arts at the University of Utah.
- RED magazine (www.red-mag.com) - review
A weekly arts and entertainment magazine from the University of Utah, included as an insert to the Daily Utah Chronicle.
- Brolly Arts (www.brollyarts.org) - review
Brolly Arts is an umbrella organization that supports arts from groups and independent artists. The group hosts shows, events, exhibitions and a variety of mixed media affairs.
- Utah Cultural Celebration Center (www.culturalcelebration.org)
The Utah Cultural Celebration Center is a locally-driven arts and cultural complex in West Valley City.
- Thunderbird Foundation for the Arts (www.thunderbirdfoundation.com) - review
Preserving the Spirit, Legacy and Artwork of Maynard Dixon
- DAZ Productions - Gallery (www.daz3d.com)
A gallery of images created with the DAZ 3D modeling tools and Bryce 3D.
- 15 bytes (www.15bytes.org)
15 bytes is a monthly ezine about arts in Utah.
- Intermountain Society of Artists (www.isartists.org) - review
ISA is a local organization supporting Utah Arts. ISA hosts monthly meetings of artists, workshops and shows.
- B.C.S. Project (www.bcsproject.org)
This project explores the rock art in Barrier Canyon.
- Art Feedback (www.artfeedback.com)
Art Feedback, by ArtWanted.com is a fun site the lets you rate amateur artwork. The artists can use the feedback to hone their talent.
- Salt Lake Country Center for the Arts (www.slccfa.org)
Site has information on Salt Lake County arts initiatives include Abravenal Hall, Capitol Theatre, and Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center
- Sandy Watercolor Guild (www.watercolor.sandyarts.org)
What happens when an artist drops his palette on the beach? He gets sandy watercolors. This site has information on the Sandy Watercolor Guild.
- The Paint Mixer (www.thepaintmixer.com)
The Paint Mixer is a paint and wine studio. The group organizes events that match a painting, fine wine and music. They teach about the wine and people try to recreate the painting. The organization also hosts painting events for kids and seniors.
- Utah Arts Alliance (utaharts.org)
UAA fosters the arts with venues, services and events.
- Wasatch Arts Center (wasatchartscenter.com)
Wasatch Arts Center in Riverton offers music and dance lessons.
- Sandy Arts (www.sandyarts.com)
Sandy Arts has information on the Sandy Amphitheater and Sandy Art Guild. (It is also what happens if you try plein air painting on a beach in a wind storm ... just saying).
- Utah Calligraphic Artists (www.utahcalligraphicartists.com)
Utah Calligraphic Artists (UCA) was founded in 1979, and since that time, has actively sought to promote and encourage lettering arts throughout the state.
- Salt Lake City Arts Council (saltlakearts.org)
The Salt Lake City Arts Council supports arts through grants and programs.
- Art Salt Lake (artsaltlake.org) - review
Art Salt Lake, by Salt Lake County Center for the Arts, has information on local arts and entertainment including links to local events.
- Mormon Artist Group (www.mormonartistsgroup.com)
Established 1999, Mormon Artist Group of is artists who are Mormon that produces projects for artists who are Mormon.
- Nate Pack Fine Art (natepack.com)
Nate Pack is an graphic designer and muralist.
Category Hits 45611
*This is an affiliate link.